Sunday 20 September 2015

A bit of Ombre



Hello there, I made this particular card a few days ago and thought you would like to see it. It all started yet again with Youtube, watching all those lovely inspirational crafters or artist I should say, Well I love the Ombre look at moment and had to try this technique out for myself, only thing is I've not got any of those gorgeous ombre ink pads that are available at the moment. So I decided to search my crafty space and see if I had anything similar and lucky for me I did!! Some fabulous Colorbox paintbox inks that have several colours of ink in one ink pad that I'd not used for ages, yes that is naughty I know but I will be using them more often. Do you have crafty items in your stash you have not used for a while? Surely I'm not the only one?     


Start with A4 white portofino card and cut it down to 29.2 x 9.9 cm folded at the top, cut another piece of portofino card slightly smaller than the card blank, stamped CB butterfly using clearly acrylic block and Colorbox paintbox rainbow ink (only using the last three colours) and stamped six butterflies going from top to bottom. On separate piece of portofino strip of card I stamped It's your day from CB mini messages using the same colorbox paintbox ink.


Added narrow strip of purple card to right hand side of the matt with strong double sided tape, then adhere the matt to card funky foam EVA using the same strong double sided tape.



Adhere the sentiment strip to with Collal glue gel slightly lower than the middle, added three clear enamel dots with Zig fine glue pen to finish.




Supplies


(As always I leave you direct links of the items used, all you have to do is click on the highlighted link)


  • Colorbox Paintbox multiple colour inks available at Amazon UK
  • Clearly besotted stamp set (Free) with Simply cards and papercraft magazine January 2015 or check out Clearly Besotted stamps website
  • Portofino card - currently unavailable
  • Purple A4 card available from The Works
  • Funky EVA foam available from The Works
  • Clear enamel dots made from using Anita's 3D gloss gel available from Cutting edge crafts
  • Small acrylic block available from Amazon UK
  • Double sided strong tape available from eBay UK
  • Zig fine glue pen available from eBay UK
  • Collal 3D glue gel available from Crafters Companion

Thank you for passing by my blog today and I do hope you visit my blog soon, please be aware you can be kept up to date with my latest posts by following my blog, just click on the follow button on right hand side of this blog post, or you can email or bloglovin. Feel free to leave me comment so I know you have been by.

Until next time, keep crafting and smiling





4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Missy. I love the sweet bubblegum colour combo. A very elegant card, for sure.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the colours, yes you're right there, so like like sweet bubblegum.. Thank you my sweetie for the lovely words and you certainly inspire me too.. I adore your work so much as you know.
      Big Hugs to my crafty buddy xx
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning! I love the purple card peeking out such a clever addition. Gorgeous butterflies. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, you are so kind and I really do appreciate the lovely comments.
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for passing by my blog today, really hope you have enjoyed your visit. Please do leave me comment so I know you have been by, I truly appreciate your comments.